How much experience do I need to become a first aid instructor?
The pre-requisites to become a new first aid instructor are to:
- be at least 18 years of age
- hold a valid Standard First Aid with CPR-HCP certificate
The Canadian Red Cross First Aid and CPR / AED instructor course will then give you the skills you will need to teach effectively.
There are several things you can do to strengthen your skills and knowledge though:
- Take advanced first aid courses to strengthen your knowledge of first aid. We highly recommend the Red Cross First Responder course as an excellent starting point.
- We always recommend auditing or co-teaching with experienced Red Cross first aid instructors.
- If you would like to further your understanding if adult education you should look into the Vancouver Community College School of Instruction. Their website is www.instructordiploma.com
To learn more about the Red Cross First Aid Instructor Development Program click HERE.
And, to view upcoming course dates, you can click HERE.