Canadian Red Cross First Aid & CPR/AED instructor certification is valid for 3 years. At the end of the 3 year cycle you must attend an 8 hour instructor recertification workshop.
The instructor recertification workshop is divided into 3 main sections:
A skills testing to ensure your skills are still at an instructor level.
An information update to provide you with any new information you may need as an instructor (changes within the Red Cross, program changes, legislative changes, etc).
Finally, the recertification workshop has a professional development section.
What will I learn?
- The Red Cross
- ILCOR and guideline development
- Basic Life Support skills
- Adult & child education theory (how people learn)
- Learning styles & the domains of learning
- Instructional techniques (how to teach))
- Effective use of instructional equipment
- Providing effective feedback
- Assessment & evaluation of skills & knowledge
- Lesson planning
- Classroom management skills
- Managing difficult student behaviours
- Cleaning & care of instructional equipment
- Organizing first aid & CPR/AED courses
The Canadian Red Cross instructor recertification course cost $195 per course participant, which includes all taxes and course materials.
Successful completion of the instructor recertification workshop will recertify your instructor certificate for another 3 years.
Our First Aid Instructor recertification courses are also offered on a group course basis, and are available to groups of 8 or more throughout the Greater Vancouver area (Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Port Moody, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Maple Ridge, Langley, Cloverdale, Surrey, White Rock, Delta, Richmond, North Vancouver, West Vancouver) and the Fraser Valley (Mission, Aldergrove, Abbotsford, Chilliwack).
To book a First Aid Instructor recertification course for a group of 8 or more please CONTACT US.