As emergency health care providers we take our student’s safety very seriously, and all of our classes are delivered in accordance with advice from the Provincial Health Officer, WorkSafe BC and the Canadian Red Cross.
Additionally, all Priority Care First Aid staff are fully vaccinated against COVID-19!
Some steps we are taking include:
1) All students must arrive at the school with an appropriate face mask for times where social distancing is not possible.
2) All students will complete a COVID-19 screening prior to entering the facility.
3) Class size has been reduced to 9 students per class only, and seating has been spread out to allow for social distancing.
4) Hand sanitizer will be available in all classroom locations, and a strict facility cleaning schedule will be followed.
5) First Responder and EMR students must purchase their own stethoscopes (this can be done through a variety of vendors… please contact us if you require assistance).
6) Classroom activities will be modified, where allowable, to reduce direct student contact.
7) Face shields and gloves will be worn, in addition to face masks, when students are working in direct contact. These practices will follow current field practice used by paramedics and other emergency health care providers.
We look forward to working with you in the classroom soon. In the meantime, please continue to take steps to keep yourself, your family and your community safe!
Priority Care First Aid