Teaching Canadian Red Cross first aid and CPR/AED courses is a great way to maintain your skills and contribute to the safety of your community. Once certified as an instructor you can teach for any Canadian Red Cross Training Provider, and in time start your own Training Provider if you want to pursue teaching as a business.
We offer instructor courses in our Langley location, and in other locations around Greater Vancouver and the Fraser Valley.
The instructor trainer to student ratio is kept to 1:8 to ensure smaller class sizes and more focus on the students.
The first aid and CPR/AED instructor course progression is as follows:
- Instructor Candidates will attend a face to face session where their skills will be evaluated to ensure that they are at the instructor level.
- Instructor Candidates will compete an online and face to face course entitled “Fundamentals of Instruction”. The online content takes approximately 8 hours to complete, followed by two days of face to face instruction.
- The Fundamentals of Instruction course is followed by two days of discipline specific education.
- Finally, the Instructor Candidate will complete a Teaching Experience process (formally called a co-teach), where they will put their new found skills to practice while being mentored by an experienced instructor. The candidate has up to six months post course to complete the Teaching Experience.
Pre-requisites for the instructor course include being at least 18 years old and possessing current SFA / CPR-C certification.
Successful completion of the instructor school is dependent on 100% attendance, demonstrating behaviour consistent with the Canadian Red Cross and completion of all course activities.
The Canadian Red Cross instructor development course cost $850 per participant, which includes all taxes and instructor materials (instructor manual, student textbooks, DVD presentations).
Canadian Red Cross Instructor certification is valid for 3 years.
Once certified you will be able to teach:
- All levels of lay rescuer CPR/AED courses (CPR-A, CPR-C)
- Emergency First Aid
- Standard First Aid
- Child Care First Aid
- Marine First Aid – Basic
Our First Aid Instructor courses can also be booked on a group course basis, and are available to groups of 6 or more throughout the Greater Vancouver area (Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Port Moody, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Maple Ridge, Langley, Cloverdale, Surrey, White Rock, Delta, Richmond, North Vancouver, West Vancouver) and the Fraser Valley (Mission, Aldergrove, Abbotsford, Chilliwack).
To book a First Aid Instructor course for a group of 6 or more please CONTACT US.